His outstanding track record, in particular in labor law, is evidenced by the number of large clients he has worked with in business structuring processes, as well as in lawsuits both at the administrative and judicial levels. He has worked as a lawyer and attorney general for leading companies in the oil, mining, automotive, aeronautics and tourism industries. He has also structured planning and transfer processes for labor liabilities in cases around the country. As a part of his experience, he has also represented international organizations present in Ecuador.
Likewise, Leopoldo is recognized in his labor law practice for effectively representing leading companies in Ecuador. He has highly qualified control over collective dispute processes, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and other complex processes involving labor unions.
Regarding litigation, his experience in constitutional, administrative, arbitral, civil and consumer defense, etc., is particularly noteworthy.
Leopoldo provides corporate advisory services regarding the daily operations of companies, including, among others, compliance with applicable regulations in the industry, preparing and verifying of contracts, representing clients before public and private entities, and participating in public bidding processes.
- Part-time professor at Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Labor Law.
- Secretary of the Arbitration and Mediation Courts of the Chamber of Commerce of Quito.
- Member of the legal committee on labor matters of the Chamber of Industries of Ecuador, from 2015 to date.
- Master’s in Corporate Law – Universidad San Francisco de Quito.
- Center of American and International Law, American and International Law Academy, Texas.
Areas of Expertise
Litigation and Arbitration
Transparency and Anti-corruption
Mergers and Procurement