Carolina Nardelia Ortiz Espinoza manages the Civil Aviation practice at DLL. Together with her team, she provides comprehensive advisory services to airlines, and national and international service providers of the aviation and aerospace industries.
She handles matters on regulation, foreign investment in aviation, operations, aviation legal regulations, civil aviation agreements, and national and international disputes, among others.
Carolina has extensive experience in the aviation industry, which has uniquely positioned her as a pioneer in the implementation of new aeronautical models and business strategies in the Ecuadorian jurisdiction.
In her practice, she leads international issues in the aviation industry that have an impact in Ecuador and vice versa. She has participated in negotiations for Aviation Services Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding, investment negotiations of aviation and aerospace nature.
Carolina is considered one of the leading women in Ecuador’s aviation industry. She is publicly recognized for her commitment to empowerment and gender equality.
She has participated as a speaker in multiple global forums in countries such as the United States, Italy, Turkey, Colombia, Mexico, Ecuador, and is regarded as one of the country’s most powerful women due to her influence in the aviation industry in Ecuador and Latin America.
She was the founder of the successful EMLA conference «Women Aviation Leaders Forum», of the «Empowered Women in Aviation » web and partner of IATA and Air Navigator.
- Lawyer and legal representative of important airlines and aviation service providers.
- Founding member of CNLE.
- Champion and active member of the International Women’s Aviation Association in Latin America.
- Multi-jurisdictional Advisor for National Airlines.
- International speaker.
- Lawyer – Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Undergraduate in International Relations – Universidad San Francisco de Quito
*Honors: Cum Laude
- Certification Program in International Aviation Law – IATA Training and Development Institute – on going.
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Family-owned Companies
- Corporate Governance
- Food and Beverage
- Transportation and Logistics
- Public Procurement
Areas of Expertise
Investments and structuring new business models.
Mergers and Procurement
Startup y open innovation